- Using Pulse: I scan Pulse for Items of interest. Favorited articles auto move to Evernote for later reading. Goal: Collect information, get offline avoid distraction.
- Erased 30 iphone apps.
- Deactivated most notifications on phone.
- Increased notifications that in fact need attention.
- Letting the phone do it's job (take messages), left home without it.
- BulletJournal.com has been great for going analog.
- Using Mailbox App instead of mail.app on iphone. Mailbox makes putting emails off until later and easy process. I have three types of days: Firehouse, Idle, Business. In that order. Each firehouse day is followed by an Idle day to recuperate, renew and attend to self care. The business day is for business tasks. I wake early and rested, work early, attend meetings. The Mailbox app lets me postpone emails and tasks until days they are appropriate. this allows my inbox to be empty for the moment.
- Redefining my weekly calendar to 9 days, not 7 day. This allows my firehouse schedule to be consistent. 7 days a week doesn't work for me. I work every 3 days. 9 days makes for routine, which is helpful in planning.
- Switching from Mac Mail on my laptop to Postbox. There are many benefits, including posting directly to FB, Twitter and Linkedin. This keeps me posting content without going to those sites or leaving the mailbox to use other publishing software. Primarily I avoid the temptation of browsing content not important at that moment. A greater focus on laptop efficiencies because I want reduce phone connectivity and push work to the laptop.
- Unsubscribing to emails: Doing this each day as they arrive. (Running Total: 40 companies)
- Setting up auto-responders on Postbox... this is going to take some time to get right.
UPDATE: Day 3: Feeling much more peaceful. Doing less. Looking forward to a walk and conversations today. I left my phone for 4 hours, when I returned, I had no phone calls, no messages and no notifications. After checking email, I processed 7 in two minutes and had lunch.
12. Set-up easy accounting software to mind my business, while I'm doing nothing. It's easy, so I will actually enjoy bookkeeping.